Sunday, April 2, 2017

Blog Entry 5

I have, since the last blog entry, been to Chicago and returned with a series of images that I would like to work with. The union/CTA stop on the IIT campus, the Frank Gehry amphitheater, the Aqua Tower, Marina Towers, and numerous others. I hadn't got to editing them yet as I had been waiting for the critique to see what everyone else thought. Below are some of the compositions that I thought may work well with the series of work.


Aqua Tower


Union CTA Stop


Marina Towers


The Art Institute of Chicago

I have also begun printing the final images on an ink jet printer on 17 x 24 in matte, luster photo paper. The images themselves are around 14 x 19 in size. It adds a sizable border and makes them seem a bit more professional. I have also given thought into the display options for my B.F.A. exhibition next year. Some of these images are possible candidates for that. I would like to show them using a technique where the photos are mounted with plexiglass. The 1/4" thick plexi adds depth into the photograph.

       
(Gallery Mounting and display ideas)

No comments:

Post a Comment