Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Blog Entry 6

I have not conducted many new photo shoots since Chicago and the last Blog Entry. A lot of the work has bee editing and touching up photographs already taken. I have also completed an updated artist statement for the project, as well as looked further into my display options. 
     The face-mounting on plexi-glass is still my favorite solution. The way the plexi-glass adds depth to the highlight and shadows of the photographs makes this method more ideal than other solutions I have discovered. Another method consists of mounting the photograph on dibond and then covering it with a laminate seal. The end result looks like a flush photograph floating on the wall.
     Below, I have posted a few of the newer photographs that I have completed for this project.


Chicago Art Institute   2017

New York Skyscrapers   2017

       
Skyscrapers Reflected   2017                          Marina Towers   2017

I have began printing off my images on 22" x 17" photo paper using a quality ink jet printer. The images are being printed off at about 18" x 14" to created a uniform 8.5 x 11 ration cropping. Printing these off, I discovered that one of my prints, the Kaufman Performing Arts, was shot at a very low quality and I had to re take the shot. I am currently working on stitching a cloud formation into the shot without diminishing the effect of the grass.





No comments:

Post a Comment